ASP.NET MVC Tutorial
This article is intended to give basic concept of ASP.NET MVC (Model-View-Controller) for beginner’s architecture workflow. MVC stands for Model-View-Controller. ASP.NET MVC is a platform to develop web applications in a different manner than ASP.NET web development. Applications developed with ASP.NET MVC are even more SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly. ASP.NET MVC application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher for development.
There are a lot of excitement in the community about the new ASP.NET MVC framework which is about to ship. As with anything new, people want to know that how to get started and build applications with it.
NerdDinner ASP.NET MVC
The tutorial starts by using the File -> New Project in Visual Studio and create a new ASP.NET MVC project, and then incrementally adds functionality and features.
- Create a database
- Build a unique model with validation and business rules
- Implement data UI listing/details on a site using Views and Controllers.
- Enable CRUD (Create, Update, Delete) data form entry
- Use the View Model pattern to pass information from a Controller to a View
- Re-use UI across a site using partials and master pages
- Implement efficient data paging
- An application using Secure authentication and authorization
- Use AJAX to deliver dynamic updates
- Using an AJAX-based approach integrated with details page.
- Perform automated unit testing (including dependency injection and mocking)
This application “NerdDinner” is built using MVC pattern. It is one of the easiest way to organize, search and host.