Setting Custom Taxonomy Labels in WordPress
In WordPress it is similar to creating a custom post type, the custom taxonomies has feature several text strings that are shown throughout the WordPress admin dashboard for your taxonomy. About the custom taxonomy these text strings are typically a link, button, or extra information. By default, the term “Category” is for hierarchical taxonomies and the term “Tag” is used for non-hierarchical taxonomies.
For your custom taxonomy includes the available labels:
- name — It is name for the taxonomy, it is usually plural.
- singular_name — It is the singular version of the name for the taxonomy.
- search_items — It is use for text for the search items button.
- popular_items — It is use for the label for popular items text.
- all_items — It is use for the label for all items text.
- parent_item — It is use for the parent item text and it not used on non-hierarchical taxonomies.
- parent_item_colon — It is same as the parent_item, but with a colon at the end.
- edit_item — It is used as the text for editing an individual taxonomy term.
- update_item — It is used as the text for updating an individual taxonomy term.
- add_new_item —This text for creating a new taxonomy term.
- new_item_name — This is the new item text name text.
- separate_items_with_commas — This is the separate items with commas text used in the taxonomy meta box. Not used on hierarchical taxonomies.
- choose_from_most_used —Most used text used in the taxonomy meta Box it chooses. But not used on hierarchical taxonomies.
- menu_name — It use the menu name text. By Defaults to the value of name.
After the setting these labels makes it much easier on users when administering the custom taxonomy terms. The from earlier with custom labels modify now: