Understanding the loop in WordPress
If you have concept of loop then you can easily understand this topic the Loop functions will help you understand how you can control it or manage it. The content which you want to display you can Controle this content by the Loop to display exactly the content you want will be one of your most used tools in developing WordPress-powered websites. Every wordpresss theme heart is loop, when you able to customize the display content in wordpress then opens up the doors to making WordPress look and act however you want. If you have to understand the Loop, this will helps you to break down the steps of WordPress takes to generate or create a page’s content:
1. First the URL is matched against the existing files and folders or directories in the WordPress installation. Fill is existing there then it is loaded or retrieve by the web server. You should to know that the WordPress doesn’t actually get involved in this process; it depends to your web server and the .htaccess file created or generated by the WordPress to choose if the URL of the page or post is handled by the web server or it to be turned into a content query of WordPress.
2. With the condition that URL doesn’t load a WordPress core file, then it has to be determine that what content to be load. Web server starts by loading the WordPress core start with index.php to begin the setup for the Loop. Let’s suppose, After visiting a specific tag page such as http://wwwintylestyle.co.uk/wordpress-tutorial, then WordPress will determine that you are viewing a tag and load the specific template, select the posts and saved with that tag, then generate the output for the tag page.
3. URL-to-content-selection translation is magic happens inside of the parse_query() method or function within the WP_Query object that WordPress created or generate early on in its processing. Now the WordPress parses the URL first into a set of query parameters. Every query strings from the URL are passed into the WordPress to determine what content to display against this URL, Alike if they look like nicely formatted pathnames or URL path. When your site is using pretty permalinks like the values has slashes between those permalinks are merely parameters for the query strings. Let’s suppose, http://www.intylestyle.co.uk/tag/wordpress is like that http://www. intylestyle.co.uk?tag=wordpress, which conveys a query string of tag with a value of wordpress.
4. So after that wordPress converts the query specification parameters into the MySQL database query to retrieve or fetch the content or data. Function which do this work here is the get_posts() method within the WP_Query object. Function get_posts() takes all of those query parameters and turns them into the SQL statements, finally invoking the SQL string on the MySQL database server and then extracting of fetch the desired data or content. Then content returned from the database is then saved in the WP_Query object that is to be used in the WordPress Loop and cached for speed up other references to the same posts or pages it made before another database query is executed or run.
5. After the content retrieved or fetch, then WordPress CMS sets all of the tags of is_ conditional like that is_page() and is_home(). It is the set as part of executing and it is the default query based on the URL parsing, then you’ll consider in this cases where you may need to reset these tags.
6. Then WordPress picks up a template from your theme it is based on the type of query and the number of posts returned — let’s suppose, a category-only query or a single post — and the output of the query is passed to this default supplication of the Loop. For different website purposes the loop can be customized. For example, the latest currency rate site might use the Loop to display the latest currency rates. Each and every thing possibilities are in WordPress when you customizing the Loop in WordPress because it gives you complete control over the content which thing you want to display.